Frequently Asked Questions - Pharmacists

Pharmacist visa for FPGEE
I have plans of taking the FOREIGN PHARMACY EQUIVALENCY EXAM (FPGEE), I am from the Philippines what kind of visa should I apply for?

You will apply for B visa (B-1/B-2).

Information regarding pharmacist immigration
I need an information regarding the pharmacist immigration. I have cleared Fpgee and right now i am in usa on F-1 visa. How can i end up getting an internship?

You may want to ask in the forums about how to get an internship. We do process H-1 for Pharmacist Interns, but I do not know how you would get a job.

Which category of green card for Pharmacists?
Iam an FPGEC certified Indian pharmacist, I wanted to know what category does pharmacist green card come under ,am I eligible for EB1?

Pharmacists, like all professionals can potentially come under any of the three -- EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 category depending upon their qualifications and the jobs they do. So read carefully information about all the categories.

Processing Times Involved in NIW
If I may verify the processing times involved in NIW. Since it falls under EB2 category, I am assuming it may be a long time before I can get my EAD card and be able to change employers. Also, I want to confirm if there could be issues if I change employers during the process - If so, I'd prefer to change my current employer before starting with it.

You can change employers any time if you are a self-applicant and will continue to work in your stated area of national interest.  But NIW priority date will take the same time as a normal EB-2 application does.  See: