Frequently Asked Questions - Form DS-160

Online Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application can only be used by visa applicants applying at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate which has converted to the new electronic fully online form and process. For more information visit DS-160 informational webpage for a listing of embassy locations using Form DS-160. Next, visit one of the U.S. Embassy websites using the Form DS-160 and where you will apply, to review detailed nonimmigrant visa how-to-apply instructions, in addition to these FAQs.

1. Where can I find the DS-160?
You can access the DS-160 from the Consular Electronic Application Center website or from the link on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website.

Change in J-1 Status
I came to U.S by J-1 visa and now I am married to a U.S citizen.I got married in the first month here and my DS form will expire after 2 months. What will be my status?

Two concerns:

1. Your J-1 visa must not be subject to the two-year HRR; and

2) You must not have had a pre-conceived intention to get married when you entered the USA.

Both are serious issues. Consult a lawyer please.