Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

I-90 Filed for green card correction but received a second fingerprint appointment?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-90 Filed for green card correction but received a second fingerprint appointment?

Hello Guys!

I need some help clearing up some doubts about my mother's green card I-90 replacement.

Here is the timeline so I can save you guys time:

1: I became a US Citizen on October, 2012.

2: I petitioned both of my parents (both of them entered here with a tourist visa back in 2001) I petitioned them on November 2012.

3: Both of my parents received their green card on August 2013.

4: My mother’s green card had a sex gender error: Instead of Female they put Male.

5: November 2013, I filed I-90 and I sent my mother’s green card for a replacement.

6: My mother received a fingerprint appointment for Dec 26 2013, but we decided to take the chance and go to the fingerprint appointment on Dec 6 2013 since she had a fly to Peru on Dec 8 for a month.

Here is what happened at the appointment:

The lady at the fingerprint appointment told her that there was not need to take another fingerprint since her fingerprint from her green card petition was still valid.

At the end, the lady at the fingerprint appointment let my mother take her fingerprint earlier (Dec 6).

7: On May 2, 2014 my mother received a letter for another fingerprint appointment which was schedule for today May 28 (we ignored this appointment).

After receiving the letter I immediately called USCIS and I spoke to a second level officer and he told me to ignore that letter and that there was no need for another (third) fingerprint since they have her fingerprint from Dec 6, 2013

The questions are:

Did she did the right thing by ignoring this fingerprint appointment which was schedule for today?

Should we call USCIS again just to make sure everything is perfectly fine?

Why did they sent her another fingerprint appointment when she already took her fingerprint for her I-90 back in Dec 6, 2013? Maybe because she took the fingerprint earlier?

Oh guys!!

Guess what? after reading the new appointment carefully I see a comment saying: Need new Photo/Signature

I guess we made a wrong decision by ignoring this appointment, now what should we go?