Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with tax deliquency and payment plan, approved for citizenship?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with tax deliquency and payment plan, approved for citizenship?

I read a lot about setting up a payment plan with IRS and make consistant payments as a way to demonstrate good moral character if you have delinquent taxes.

Did anyone have luck getting approved this way? I filed my N-400 yesterday with delinquent taxes, payment plan and regular payments. But am nervous as I have not read a single case that says they got approved. A couple of cases where they rejected the petition, in fact.

Thanks
    Jan 30 -- N400 mailed
    Feb 2nd -- N400 received
    Feb 6th -- NOA
    Feb12th - Fingerprinting notice for 27th Feb
    Feb 27th - Fingerprinting complete at Milwaukee
    Mar 3d - Status changed to In Line for interview scheduling
    Mar 10th - Status changed to scheduled for interview in Milwaukee.

Originally posted by cbarus View Post
    I read a lot about setting up a payment plan with IRS and make consistant payments as a way to demonstrate good moral character if you have delinquent taxes.

Did anyone have luck getting approved this way? I filed my N-400 yesterday with delinquent taxes, payment plan and regular payments. But am nervous as I have not read a single case that says they got approved. A couple of cases where they rejected the petition, in fact.

Thanks
    It is useless worrying. Just wait for USCIS to give you an answer. That is the only authoritive
    answer. My gut feeling is that you will be Ok.

The worst scenario is to reapply when your tax issue is otu of the 5 year window.
    03/25/2009 - N400 sent
    04/28/2009 - FP
    05/15/2009 - IL received but interview was descheduled three times over a 7 month period
    01/07/2010 - The USCIS interview receptionist called by phone for interview appointment next tuesday
    01/12/2010 - Interview (20 min - decision can not be made)
    02/06/2010 - Oath letter received
    02/24/2010 - Oath
    03/04/2010 - Passport application
    03/24/2010 - passport book received
    03/26/2010 - passport card received & certificate returned

Comment

Thanks WBH. Will update status.
      Jan 30 -- N400 mailed
      Feb 2nd -- N400 received
      Feb 6th -- NOA

Comment

Thanks
        cbarus, I was in a similar situation and was approved. As long as you have the documentation and have been making payments your are fine. So do not worry about it. Good Luck.

Comment

I was approved too with no questions asked about the matter.
          Asylum Granted: 01/22/07
          I-485
          RD: 6/26/2008
          ND: 6/30/2008
          RFE: 7/11/2008
          LUD: 7/14/2008
          FP: 8/28/2008
          LUD: 11/07/2008, 11/18/2008, 11/19/2008,
          11/21/2008, 12/10/2008, 1/27/2009
          GC APPROVAL: 3/05/2009
          GC IN WALLET: 3/13/2009

Comment

Thanks a lot for your responses herewego and mesbahul. This makes me feel better now. Will keep you posted on my status.
            Jan 30 -- N400 mailed
            Feb 2nd -- N400 received
            Feb 6th -- NOA

Comment

Help?

Thanks a lot for your responses herewego and mesbahul. This makes me feel better now. Will keep you posted on my status.
              I am in the same boat. Submitted my n-400 with a payment plan about 8K owed. Please let me know how did you interview went. Hoping for good news.

Thanks

Comment

Hi All- I had my initial interview set for April 14th but had to request for reschedule as we already planned a vacation during spring break for kids. I finished my interview today (May 19th) and am recommended for approval !!! Thanks for all your support and hope you guys gave me. I was asked the reason for not filing on time, how much I owe and when will the payment plan be complete. He took a copy of my payment history....I filed my 08, 09 and 10 taxes in 2011. Brought it down to $50K I owe and went on a payment plan for 7 years. This info is more for people like me. Rest is the same as everyone else's interview. Good luck to everyone and thanks again for your time.
                Jan 30 -- N400 mailed
                Feb 2nd -- N400 received
                Feb 6th -- NOA

Comment

Just got a text...My status changed from interview and testing to Oath....they sent out the letter today....So I am thinking mine will be the same day as my wife's. Will keep you posted. Almost there.
                  Jan 30 -- N400 mailed
                  Feb 2nd -- N400 received
                  Feb 6th -- NOA

Comment

Working...
                  X