Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp Visa while waiting for Petition? Please help! I'm missing my wife terribly!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Visa while waiting for Petition? Please help! I'm missing my wife terribly!!

On the advice of an immigration lawyer, I decided to go the route of filing a Petition for Alien Relative for my wife, as we would be married 2 years by the time the petition would be processed (I'm a US citizen, she is Filipina, and we were married in Philippines).

Now progress on the petition seems to be stagnant - Is there some alternative visa route I could pursue for her which would allow her to reside with me in the US while waiting on the Petition? I can't imagine I haven't missed something that would allow us to at least live together during this slow petition process. I find the complexity of the immigration process and choices to be totally confusing - please help!

As the wife of a USC, she is an immediate relative. There is no quota for this and normally they do not take a very long time. Is there a delay? My suggestion would be to get everything together and have another immigration attorney review the case to ensure everything was done correctly and is on track. If something is messed up, the sooner you figure it out the sooner it can be fixed.

~~Jim
    James D. Mills
    http://www.millsimmigration.com

Comment

Working...
    X