X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-129 in process and new job offer

My stay extension is in process and I have received a new job offer from other company. What should I do, fly to Mexico and do my TN visa renewal?, is there any issues with my stay extension in process if I get a new tn visa and a new I94 from my port of entry?

Or can I start to work and after I received my stay extension, fly to Mexico and do my TN visa renewal?

Thanks,

While in US, it is your STATUS that matters, not the visa. Are you submitting an I-129 for the new job? If so, you don't need a visa until you leave US. If not, then you need to go to mexico and get a new visa AND apply for new TN. The fact you have a pending I-129 doesn't really mean anything in this scenario.
    Languishing in Lincoln -No More!!

Comment

Thanks for response Nelsona.

No, I submitted my I-129 with the old job. Can I submit a new I-129 for the new job? or it is absolutely necesary a new TN visa. We are not planning to leave the US for now.

Comment

They received my I-129 on April 21st, Mi I-94 was valid until apr 24. So I am waiting at this time the response for my new I-94.

Comment

Mexicans can (for a few years now) submit I-129 for new jobs if already in US legally without needing to go back to Mexico for a Visa. You will only need new TN visa if (a) you leave US and (b) your old one is expired.
          You have timely filed the the I-129 for extension of old TN and are thus still legal. If you were to apply for another (new) TN right now, you would indicate this (TN pending) on the application.
          So, I guess what you need to do is decide where you want to work at this point: old job (status quo), new job (file I-129), or both.
          Languishing in Lincoln -No More!!

Comment

Working...
          X