Will there be any issue with my I-485 approval? If it gets denied, will my unlawful presence/out of status be counted from the time my I-94 expired? What should be my next steps?Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com
My Project with My Client will end soon and my employer doesn't have any further projects and asking me to go back to my home country (India) by end of this month. My Visa is valid till Aug 2017 with extension filed. So I am considering to resign on last day of the assignment. ( no new employer found yet).
1) as per new Rule would I be getting the grace period till my I 94 expires i.e till Aug 2017? Is this correct? ( 60 days grace period rule) Also during this Grace period Can I apply for a Change of Status to another non immigrant Visa - F1? (change to a different nonimmigrant classification.) if yes and F1 filed after termination of employment, will this not be considered as timely filed which can result in problems in the future?
2) if F1 is filed Should I start my classes before I94 expiry date or can I Start in September or should I wait till F1 is approved ( after 90 days from date of filing F1)?
Discussion Topics, Thursday 13 July 2017:
FAQ: Evidence or documents created after the filing of a petition || H-4 EAD when an I-140 is revoked after 180 days || Can a green card be started on F-1 status? || New regulations, effect on layoff after I-140 approval || Reentry permit to preserve green card and extensions || I-94 given for a shorter duration at the airport than the petition approval date ||
Other: Deportation for crimes || Changing status after marriage in the USA || Revocation of I-140 after 180 days || Effect of minor violations on immigration status || Filing H-1 amendment, etc. || Removal of condition, Form I-751 || Multiple I-94 issued || Changing status when a change of status petition is pending || PERM - effect of variation in job description/requirements || Getting a copy of I-140 by filing FOIA with USCIS || Applying for change of status to H-1 || Calculating deadlines for RFE response falling on holidays || Changing status from H-1 to F-1, etc.
Brief history - 7th year on H1, 140 approved.
1. Per recent USCIS memo 'H-1B for Programmers - 2017 Guidance'.... if the designation in my current LCA has 'Programmer' word, should I be changing the designation to a different one when I apply for H1 ?renewal?
2. Also in the same memo, it said: "USCIS will now target employers petitioning for H-1B workers who work off-site at another company or organization’s location." ........what does that mean......between my employer and the end client there is middle vendor...is that in any way related to what's stated above?
3. My most recent H1 is via COS from H4 and is valid until March -18. I will be applying for H1 renewal 6 months before but just in case the renewal doesn't go through, can I apply for a change of status to H4 while I'm here .
I have my H-1 extension till 2020. I recently visited India and got visa stamped 2020 as well but while coming back as my passport validity was till Feb 2018 - I got the I94 till Feb 2018. How do I extend my I-94?
1. With my approved I-140 from Company B can Company C use that to file my extension for 3 years. I have a copy of approved I-140. Is it safe to change companies in the 6th year.
2. Using the approved I-140, I have filed H4-EAD for my spouse in Feb 2017 and is yet to receive the EAD approval. If I get it will be only valid till Nov 2017 based on current I-797 validity. So, if H1-B is approved for Company C, can I file extension of H4-EAD 120 days before validity based on that approval. If EAD is provided, it is going to expire on Nov 2017 based on the H1-B's current I-797.
We are on H (H-1B and H-4). For I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, can a printout from the web sufficient? We have US driver's licence, which we carry all the time. Do we need to carry original I-797A all the time?
You must carry the I-94 printout at all times. A photo ID is also important. The evidence of status COULD be in the forms of copies, I think. It is not required, but I recommend you do carry it.
For more on this issue watch this video.